3/23/08

Caffeine UNfix

I miss my caffeine-powered days.

[I missed this year's Starbucks Planner. I've started collecting last 2007--when they still have those coupons for freebies and discounts. I forgave them for not including coupons for last year because they made the planners leather-bound instead of plain hard-bound. It also came with a pen--which I never really got to use because it's a ball point pen and won't write properly.]

Anyway, I've traded coffee for milk. Career for home life. Chick lits for baby books. Empire dresses for slim fit jeans and tees. All my 'business attire' have been put away to make room for--baby clothes. But hey, they're not in retirement yet! It's just for the meantime.

I'm loving my milk-Milo days. No work-related stress. No working overtime to meet deadlines. No dealing with heavy traffic and metropolis pollution. I should be thankful...I guess?

A few more days to go and I'll be meeting this guy squirming in my abdomen. This little guy has been keeping me up most night--squirming and kicking--wanting to go out and see the world, I guess. Like mother, like son.

Will he become someone like me? Will he grow up enjoying the things I enjoyed? Will he become like his Dad--passionate about punk-rock music?
Will he become a caffeine addict like me? If the time comes for him to become a father, will his anxieties be same as mine? or his Dad's?


It's the summer heat causing all these anxiety attacks--I need a raspberry mocha frappe!

No comments: