2/1/08

At the Homefront

We've been married for almost two months but it's starting to feel like a lifetime.
How the hell did we ever get to this point?
  • I got pregnant--it was intentional but totally unplanned.
  • It was September when I learned of my pregnancy--we got married 2nd week of December--if you want to have an inexpensive yet stylish wedding just ask me how I planned mine.
  • We both still live with our parents--choosing which place to stay is always been a pain--and source of disagreements.
  • Only my husband contributes to the family income--presently since I'm 7 months pregnant already.
This situation is not so unusual. A lot of couple have unplanned pregnancies which they can't afford to have--not just for financial reasons but also for career growth. The sad thing is most of these couples belong to the lower strata in the society.
Couples who are well-off opt to have a family in their thirties--oh, that's only when they're done enjoying their single lives.
I used to think co-habitation might be a good idea before plunging into the lifetime bondage of marriage. But. come to think of it--for how long are you going to co-habitate? If you don't feel like living with that person 24/7, do you break up and try another relationship? Is co-habitation a simulation of actual married life?
I would never have the chance to find answers to those questions. My husband and I got into this marriage with a child on the way. Things would have been different if we just got married and opted not to have kids till later--but it wouldn't be necessarily better.
My friends would ask me,
"How are the newly weds?"
I would tell them that
"it's fun but hard to deal with sometimes. You have to accept that person and
love that person--faults and all. You will never find a person you can love that
way all the time so the key for staying together is ACCEPTANCE. No conditions,
no buts or ifs."

1 comment:

LZN said...

has it been 2 months na ba? ang bilis ano. :)

and hoy, when are we going to bizu? busy ka sa nakakagutom mong business eh no? hehehe